fletchma

Rimless toilets- Do they flush effectively?

fletchma
4 years ago
With two toilet disasters in my home where one needs a double flush to clear any and the other has a ledge that catches everything... I need some serious advice before I renovate my en-suite. I like the idea of the rimless toilets but I have read soooo many conflicting reviews - from RAVE to RUBBISH that I am totally confused . I am looking at the in wall Caroma cleanflush - either the Luna (pictured), Urbane or Forma Invisi series. But I am open to suggestions. I need to hear from people who actually use these toilets please

Comments (11)

• HU-524005262
    2 years ago

Wish you had a reply two years ago, I am trying to make that decision now too. Which one did you end up going with and are you happy?

• squirrel30
    2 years ago

we had one of these installed a few years ago. https://www.reece.com.au/product/toilets-c469/toilet-suites-c705/rimless-toilet-suites-c2540/caroma-b131000/caroma-forma-close-coupled-back-to-wall-bottom-9506684

after our previous multi flush and impossible to clean predecessor it was just wonderful. Not sure of the difference between in wall and back to wall versions would be though.

• HU-524005262
    2 years ago

ok, great to hear. I think I will go ahead and buy one.

• HU-524005262
    2 years ago

Thank you for that great feedback.

• fletchma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We ended up going with a whirlpool suction design and it does the job most of the time but not 100% happy. My husband hates it !

• HU-524005262
    2 years ago

Thank you. Due to the feedback I have decided to buy the Caroma Invisi Clean Flush. 😁 I will have to try and remember to give feedback when I am using them. Still a while to installation.

• an68888
    2 years ago

Is it model num: 742500W Urbane Wall Faced Invisi Series II® Suite with Arc Soft Close Seat?

We are looking to add this one as well after lot of recommendations.

• an68888
    2 years ago

Any idea what is the difference between these two models and which is better?

742500W : URBANE WALL FACED INVISI SERIES II® TOILET SUITE

746100W : URBANE CLEANFLUSH® WALL FACED INVISI SERIES II® TOILET SUITE

• HU-524005262
    2 years ago

I have purchased 2 x 1809938 Caroma Luna C/Flush Invisi II WF Suite. It will be a while yet before they are installed.

If the Urbane is the one at Reece plumbing, it might the taller version.

Not sure about the diff between the two Urbanes. Might be good to look at specs. One might be rimless and the other not???

• PRO
    SCS Group Property Solution Australia
    2 years ago

Basically, the rimless toilet works in a similar way to a conventional toilet with a flush rim. The main difference is that the toilet without the flushing rim has an open or has no flushing rim at all. this means that the water does not shoot out from under the edge when rinsing, but rather shoots past the top edge of the toilet bowl without leaving the toilet

Instead, The rimless toilet uses a special spray dispenser to distribute the water in the bowl during the flushing process. this distributor delivers the water powerfully and at some time with splashing to the right and left so that the entire toilet bowl is washed and cleansed. Most commercial cleaning companies preferred to clean this type of toilet because of easy to clean engineering design. The rimless toilet is easier to clean. With conventional toilets with flushing rims, there is much more area where various deposits can form. All parts of the toilet bowl are easily accessible and easy to maintain.