jodie_narik

View of rear of modular couch

Jodes
4 years ago

We’re finally setting up our living room after building for the last 2 years!

We’ve unwrapped the modular couch and are a bit disappointed with the view from the rear. It’s open plan living so from the kitchen you look at the rear of the couches.

The black bars and feet underneath are very visible (more so as we’ve got plastic padding to protect the floors at the moment). Is this normal? Is there anything we can do to reduce how visible the feet are?

The main couch is a 4 seater so this is the only place it fits as the living area is quite long and skinny.

Comments (12)

• julie herbert
    4 years ago

Love siriuskey ‘s idea of a console, handy and looks very stylish. lovely room.

• bigreader
    4 years ago

Agree. You definitely need a sofa table. And some black foot floor protectors.

• JE C
    4 years ago

Hi Jodes, the back of couches always seems to be less attractive than the front. I agree a sofa table would help, or you could drape a throw so it covers the joints, at least the top half .

• kbodman14
    4 years ago

Wooden or clear foot protectors, you may have to hunts for them, or have wooden ones made with felt on their bottoms. You could you some matching floor floors cut to size with recess to fit feet.

• C P
    4 years ago

It looks as though the backs are sloping which could make it difficult to place a console there.

• kbodman14
    4 years ago

A local Men’s she’d made be able to create feet slays for you

• Jodes
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone.

I agree a sofa table is probably the best thing but all the seats can recline. So it would have to sit out a fair bit.

Hadn’t thought of a throw for the back. Will do this.

We have left over flooring timber so a slay that the couch sits in is a great idea. It can wrap up and hide the feet. Hubby has built a majority of this house so I’m sure he could put something together.

Thanks so much!!

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

Just wondering if you already have furniture in your media room as these lounges would be perfect

• KK1000
    4 years ago

Shack furniture has beautiful side tables and buffets in lots of styles and sizes, one of them should fit the space behind your sofa it is very practical addition and if you go to Bunnings you will find lots of floor protectors that would look better than current solution.

• Jodes
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Siriuesky we don’t as yet but hubby was set on recliners out in the lounge. I think we’ll spend a majority of our time in this room so want the recliners there.

I like the tray idea and throws over the back.

• siriuskey
    4 years ago

A simple timber frame (no Base needed) that fits under the lounge will cover a lot of the black fittings, another possibility would be to change the feet to timber ones, bought or made from a 10 x 10 cm timber post or similar cut into lengths to replace the black feet, it would stained to match floor. We did this with a bed base that was too low, the exposed chunky timber feet looked lovely