chaneynormanarchitects

Queensberry Hills House - Real Vs Render

Chaney & Norman Architects
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have created a welcoming family home in the stunning but harsh environment of the Queensberry Hills, near Wanaka, New Zealand.

The house was designed as an ‘L shape’ to create a courtyard sheltered from the strong prevailing winds. Windows were carefully placed to frame views specific to each room, strongly connecting the home with the beautiful local environment.

Warm timber tones were used throughout the home to create visually warm and inviting interior spaces. The home was built with high levels of insulation and quality thermal detailing, to ensure that the family is warm and comfortable all year around.

Renders were created early on to help our clients visualise the completed build, and be very engaged and excited by the design process. The rendering capabilities of our 3D software are a great tool to communciate ideas to people who have difficualty visualising from two-dimensional drawings.

Renders: Chaney & Norman Architects

Photography: Graham Warman Photography

Render:

Real:

Render:

Real:

Render:

Real:

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Anthea Studios
    4 years ago

New home looks gorgeous! Renders look so realistic as well...

• Judy Okan
    4 years ago

This is so beautiful!

4 years ago

Jeez!!! Jealous, this would be an amazing home to live in! Crazy the fact that the render is pretty much the same as the real deal!!!

• legendaryflame
    4 years ago

Stunning!

• dreamer
    4 years ago

A wonderful inviting home. Shows how with today's technology you can definitely see the dream, before the build starts.

• Anne Monsour
    4 years ago

I really like this . This software is great . The house fits the surroundings well . A lovely job . I agree with Pottsy that I would like a little colour added to the decor to give it a bright lift . That is personal taste .