chaneynormanarchitects

Queensberry Hills House - Real Vs Render

Chaney & Norman Architects
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

We have created a welcoming family home in the stunning but harsh environment of the Queensberry Hills, near Wanaka, New Zealand.

The house was designed as an ‘L shape’ to create a courtyard sheltered from the strong prevailing winds. Windows were carefully placed to frame views specific to each room, strongly connecting the home with the beautiful local environment.

Warm timber tones were used throughout the home to create visually warm and inviting interior spaces. The home was built with high levels of insulation and quality thermal detailing, to ensure that the family is warm and comfortable all year around.

Renders were created early on to help our clients visualise the completed build, and be very engaged and excited by the design process. The rendering capabilities of our 3D software are a great tool to communciate ideas to people who have difficualty visualising from two-dimensional drawings.

Location: Queensberry

Renders: Chaney & Norman Architects

Photography: Graham Warman Photography

Render:

Real:

Render:

Real:

Render:

Real:

Check out the entire project here!

• pottsy99
    6 months ago

Does the software also work in colour ? Haha -- just me , but I like a 'surprise' spot of yellow or red or orange or even blue or green somewhere to break the monotony .

Each to their own , and maybe it has had some finishing touches added , but I look at it and think it needs bright art , or a red leather suite , or an orange winged chair , or even mustard drapes if that's your idea of risky , or SOMETHING more . . . . . . . .

Best Answer
  • PRO
    Anthea Studios
    6 months ago

New home looks gorgeous! Renders look so realistic as well...

• JTO ARCHITECTURE
    6 months ago

This is so beautiful!

• 544556576578909
    6 months ago

Jeez!!! Jealous, this would be an amazing home to live in! Crazy the fact that the render is pretty much the same as the real deal!!!

• legendaryflame
    6 months ago

Stunning!

• dreamer
    6 months ago

A wonderful inviting home. Shows how with today's technology you can definitely see the dream, before the build starts.

• amonymousanne
    6 months ago

I really like this . This software is great . The house fits the surroundings well . A lovely job . I agree with Pottsy that I would like a little colour added to the decor to give it a bright lift . That is personal taste .