abaker52

Anyone istalled an air con directly opposite windows?

abaker52
4 years ago

Hi. I have a room 11m x 2.7m and I want to install a split system air con. Best position for ease of access etc is on a long wall not on the short end walls. It would be opposite large windows and french doors but these are only 2.7m away from the wall unit.

Is that too short a distance?

I would get a system that could push air as much sideways as I can. There would only be a choice of one short end wall as the other has windows as well and not enough room above them. This option requires creating manholes/roof space etc.

In the photo would sit above TV/piano.

Comments (5)

• Kate
    4 years ago

Split system is refrigerated air so windows and doors need to be closed when in use, so doesn’t matter in that respect. But where will you house the outside unit and hide the pipe between the two?

• abaker52
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Outside unit goes under the house and pipes come up through the verandah floor. You can just see the door to the verandah at the end of the pic.

• Kate
    4 years ago

Should be fine. Get as large a system as you can and it will flow though to other areas.

• PRO
    Frank Ansell
    4 years ago

Which direction do those windows face? And is this mainly for cooling or for heating? (or both?)

Keep in mind that sun coming in the windows will cause that part of the room to heat up, and when it's cold the spot near the windows will be the coldest part of the room. If the AC unit is on the long wall, you'll have limited air distribution through the room.

However, it's not a big room so will probably be okay for the most part. Depends how you intend to use the space. Just be aware of the limitations of putting it in that spot.

• abaker52
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks. Is for both heating and cooling.. Windows/door face North East. Window at the end faces east.