webuser_284913504

frameless or semi frameless shower screen

Rose213 Gl
3 years ago

We planned to install frameless shower screen to the bathrooms we are renovating. However, after having a chat with a company which makes custom made shower screens, i am thinking twice about that. I have been told that the semi frameless shower screens are not practical because of the gaps and they let water come out. I have never had frameless shower screen so I don’t know if that can be a big problem. Any ideas?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Megasealed Australia
    3 years ago

Hi Rose, generally speaking you should have no problems unless the people installing your shower screens are sub-par or cut corners.

With this said it is down to personal preference. So we've outlined some of the pros and cons for both frameless and semi-frameless shower screens for you to consider.

Semi Frameless

Pros:

• Cost Effective
    • Easier To Keep Bathroom Dry
    • Better For Tiling and Concealing Tile Fall
    • Toughen Glass
    • Match Into Colour Scheme

Cons:

• More parts for installation
    • Glass is not as heavy on feel which some people don't like
    • Can see trim which hides some eye level features

Frameless

Pros:

• Sleek, Modern Look
    • Easier to Clean
    • Show off tile work in the shower
    • Lets in natural light
    • Minimalistic so that it doesn’t detract from your bathroom design
    • Less moving parts

Cons:

• More expensive than framed showers
    • Almost no rooms for error on floor tiling and high falls

If we're being honest, framless is in fashion, but be cautious if yout shower tiling isn't up to scratch.

Assess this by:

1. Ensuring all the shower grout is in tact
    2. Pouring a small amount of water onto your tiles to make sure tile fall works
    3. Making sure you have no internal leaks

If you want a free in-home assessment to see whether your tiling lends itself to a frameless shower screen give Megasealed a call on 1300 658 007.

Rose213 Gl thanked Megasealed Australia