nskiwi

Advice with the different home builders

nskiwi
3 years ago

Hi All,

We are possibly embarking on a new project and something we have never done before. We are looking at a section in the coromandel for sale. We are trying to do our research prior to making an offer on the section as we dont want to buy the land and then realise it will either cost too much to build or once built we have over capitalised and if we sell would loose money.

I have looked into Jennian Homes, Sentinal Homes, A1 etc. Does anyone really know where they stack up against each other. Is Jennian homes generally more expensive than the others?]

Also I have been quite surprised with the costs some of them have been advising on. I have been told to base costs on $3000 per spm and others have even been higher. I would have thought that it may be around the $2500 spm. I am not after a designer spec home just a modern practical home. Yes the section has a slope so I am accounting for earth works and retaining etc but building a house seems really expensive or not as attractive as I thought.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Comment (1)