jonny_decicco

Permit questions

1991_kid
3 years ago

hi my garage wall is on the fence line I’m actually going to build 200mm off the fence line , so do I need to change and update my permits to show the 200mm gap or can I just leave it and start my build

what’s the worst that could happen if I didnt show it on the plan?

thanks

Comments (7)

• Kate
    3 years ago

Talk to your building surveyor as he has to sign it off.

• 1991_kid
    Original Author
    3 years ago

They are hard to even get onto most of the time that’s why I thought would ask here for some answers

• oklouise
    3 years ago

you must have proper written approval as they can make you tear down anything that's not included in the permits..have you submitted a written application for any changes no matter how small?..even if they are difficult to contact do not start work until you have all the plans correctly approved ..

• dreamer
    3 years ago

The builder will build on the approved plans. Are you an owner builder or have you signed contracts with a building company?

• 1991_kid
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Well on the other side of the house there was a 1400 gap and a side gate so I changed that to 1150mm which creates around a 250mm gap on the other side of the house and that’s in the permits and it shows 1100mm gap but on the other side it doesn’t say 250mm gap but if they add the measurements up correctly it will add up to there’s a gap of Arund 250mm but it just isn’t written there on the plan on the garage side

• 1991_kid
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Okay will do

thank you