audisadi

Renovate or Detonate?

audisadi
3 years ago

We have this wall of cabinets that came with the house (late 80’s build). I don’t like the colour of the veneer/laminate, but otherwise they don’t overly offend me. Should I paint them/update the hardware or just rip them out? Would love any and all ideas!

Please ignore the kid mess! The room is eventually going to be made into a large guest room/suite.

Comments (5)

• me me
    3 years ago

It depends on how much storage you need. I think they would be a great space to store all the kids games and paraphernalia

• Kate
    3 years ago

Plan your new room first, this is a lot of furniture that could be reused at least some of it.. Could give them a light sand and paint. I’m not keen on the pointy tops, but they could be changed to update. You could also separate parts.

• audisadi
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes I’m not keen on that either. There was actually a HUGE pointed geometric ‘feature’ on top of all the cabinets when we moved in, but I got the circular saw out and chopped that off right away!

• audisadi
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ok I’ve removed the central doors. I know there are too many shelves so will have to remove one or two...but thoughts?

• audisadi
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Forgot to add pic. Walls are Dulux Natural White. We have a hamptons/beach casual theme to our home - should I paint the whole thing white or maybe an accent colour?