dkin0577

Overwhelmed by occasional chair choices - help!

dkin0577
3 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a great sofa bed that we use in the kids playroom but the kids are growing up and we want to use the space now for the adults. We can’t upgrade the sofa at this stage and I’ve looked at way too many chairs and can’t decide what would go with it! We want to add a couple of occasional chairs and maybe a round coffee table. The room is rectangular with an original federation corner fireplace so the style I’m channeling is transitional to match the character of the room but also want it to be contemporary. Grateful for any suggestions you may have. Thanks!

Comments (6)

• Black Bamboo
    3 years ago

Moran have an occassional chair that would work perfectly with that lounge. Its a design classic that work in everything from traditional, mid century to contemporary. Here it is.

Carter Occassional Chair, ignore the fabric, it comes in all sorts of fabrics. The shape however echos your sofa without directly copying it. This style of chair fits in many decor themes.

dkin0577 thanked Black Bamboo
  • dreamer
    3 years ago

Maybe this from Adairs.

dkin0577 thanked dreamer
  • dkin0577
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks everyone - sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I read somewhere that you should match the arm heights with the sofa. I like the idea of cane and linen but I also like the Moran which seems like a classic that would last the distance. Maybe a classic chair for the bedroom and something light and easy to move around for the living room. I've been distracted trying out designs in room styler ;)

• Kate
    3 years ago

It looks like a really low sofa (back height). 2 considerations. One buy other furniture you like and make them the feature and look to replace sofa at some point to match. Or keep sofa as feature and buy chairs that don’t dominate space so light and small

dkin0577 thanked Kate
  • Irene Morresey
    3 years ago

I think a square, lower back chairs would look good, overstock

dkin0577 thanked Irene Morresey