lyn_gaudry46

Renovating small en-suite 2980 x 1100

Lyn Gaudry
3 years ago

My walk in showers total opening is only 1100 which is the room width , I previously had a 3 panel sliding door which opened onto vanity, I have moved shower Fixtures to opposite wall and need to decide on part frameless glass panel, part nib wall with fixed panel above or small fixed panel with open out door . The door would open up onto vanity as it nearly butts up to shower . keeping in my vanities are usually 460 deep and it will sit 150mm away from the shower . My toilet is on opposite wall of shower at other end of space under a window. Ideally it would better on the other side of the vanity but I have researched and believe you must have at least 700 from front of toilet to wall, this is not possible even with the smallest toilet I could find being 610mm and as the room is only 1100 wide this only leaves 490mm in front of toilet, so I guess it has to stay where it is which creates a dead corner . what is the best option for my shower though also taking into account restricting seepage of water onto outer floor?

Apparently you need a minimum of 600 for shower opening which would only leave 500 for the option of part nib wall or fixed panel which I think would allow too much water onto outer floor ? Any advice appreciated . Thanks in advance

Comments (3)

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Have you pictures or a sketch we can reference for better replies to your challenge.

• Kate
    3 years ago

Yes need a door or water will splash and flow out, which is a typical European wet room.

• oklouise
    3 years ago

there's not enough space to have any open shower the best option is the sliding glass doors but a shallow bench with semi recessed handbasin and mirror doored wall cabinets would feel more spacious than a vanity