sandy_putnam

Options:move toilet or redesign vanity?

Sandy Putnam
3 years ago

This is our master bath. As you can see, most of the vanity and cabinet space is unusable because the toilet sits in front of it. Our house is on a cement slab, so moving the toilet is NOT a simple thing! Thinking of building a vanity with open shelves to at least get more accessible storage space, but are there other ideas or options?

Comments (10)

• Sandy Putnam
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Sandy Putnam
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• oklouise
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

what is the length and width of the whole room and can you share a plan showing location of doors, windows, shower, bath and handbasin?

• Sandy Putnam
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Not quite to scale, but looking at the picture should help. No windows.

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

are you in Australia, It looks like you have already renovated?, the one big thing I would do is swing the toilet back to the RH wall it would mean changing the vanity though.

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

Posting more of your floorplan is needed to give more specific comments

• Sandy Putnam
    Original Author
    3 years ago

"the one big thing I would do is swing the toilet back to the RH wall"

Moving the toilet to the RH wall is exactly what I would LIKE to do. I don't mind changing the vanity - wish to do so, and new countertop and sink as well. We would loose some of that blocked vanity space, but gain more floor space. However, the issue is moving the toilet when we're on a cement slab. It would be cost prohibitive to jack up the plumbing in the floor and move it. :(

I did, however, just discover REAR draining/flushing toilets! So, it may be possible to move the toilet and run the plumbing in the RH wall! Esp since there is another bathroom on the other side of that RH wall, so the plumbing would (potentially) actually be accessible. Hmmm.... (And, no...I do not live in Australia. Not sure where That came from...?)

• siriuskey
    3 years ago

We use metric in Australia is why I asked, it's seems you have accidentaly posted on the Australian site, we don't have a problem with that but we most likely have different regulations around plumbing. There is a product that you could consider Saniflo.com

Good luck

• Sandy Putnam
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Lol! Sorry about that! Thanks!!