nicolette_woodfield

renovate or detonate help! 3 bed . 1 bath original 1960’s cottage

Nicolette Ridley
3 years ago

Hi all
I love this site it’s just such a big help so thanks in advance! I have bought a house on the Gold Coast that is original and old - 1960’s cottage. The layout is ok I think and good condition inside - flooring and walls, ceilings are ornate and well kept etc.

My question is this - I need to turn the 3 bedroom home into a 4 bedroom which will be the master with ensuite. I need to have a new kitchen and Reno the existing bathroom. I would love to add a little butlers pantry and a decent laundry too. The laundry currently is a step down and an add on to the existing house.

I want to keep the roofline as I know that saves money and out the back add a new structure consisting of my butlers pantry, laundry and master retreat. I would also like an added “hang out” space or reading room in this area too.

There is a decent sized patio at the front of the house which is under the existing roof line which I could keep and turn into a bigger living space at the front.

I also need a nice Queenslander style wraparound deck on the front of the home maybe extending to one side. Also house painting inside and out.

Then a pool I think at front although it’s a funny corner block so it faces both south, west and a bit east! There is more room at front for the Pool so I thought it may fit a bit easier. I will then need a new wooden/ brick fence for privacy.

I have some plans of the house attached - just the real estate ones and I would love some advice or recommendations. My budget for the entire project is around $350-$400k max! Inc some basic landscaping I guess ! Would someone be so kind as to guide me on this! The area is amazing in a leafy well established area and I’d like to make the hone modern yet coastal or colonial classical on a budget !

Thanks

Comments (17)