hugo_vanstratum

Looking at ventilation issues

Hugo van Stratum
2 years ago

Kia ora,

With Early Childhood centres opening soon while covid is in the community I am trying to do some research on the best and most economic ways to ventilate centres as poor ventilation is a cause of the spread of the covid 19 virus. Our children are under 5s and not being vaccinated are in need of all the protection we can have.

Often our sleep rooms can be without a lot of windows as they can be inside the building or facing noisy streets, they can have 24 or so children packed into them. Often there are rotations of sleepers with babies in the morning and afternoon and 2- and 3-year-olds after lunch.

Room sizes can be between 12sqM for sleep rooms to 80sqM or more. Play rooms can be used for sleeping as well. With ECE being underfunded we might have to think of cheaper ways to ventilate. I was thinking about how heat pumps might be used for this purpose. For those who have them, it might be an option. What type of ventilation systems or air filters might best work for us at Early Childhood Centres? We can even speculate that some air conditioning could even help spread the virus so safe fresh air systems are needed.

Looking forward to some quotes of costs to buy and install so I can share details with different centres.

Thank you.

Hugo van Stratum.

Comment