christinemhamilton

A luxury new home for bushfire survivors

Christine Hamilton Interiors
last year
last modified: last year

My clients tragically lost their home and all belongings in the bushfires 3 years ago.

The architects designed this new beautiful building, then I was tasked with making it a home. Working together with the builder and all trades to design and select everything from lighting, electrical, kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, wardrobes, and furniture, all we custom made.

Most of the fittings, fabrics, and furniture were imported and had to be carefully managed as it was during the peak of covid with all the freight issues going on at that time.

I have worked with these clients on many projects over more than 20 years so it was a dream job to create a beautiful home for them.

Here is a sneak peek of some in-progress / afters - the entire home will hopefully be completed by Christmas.

In Progress:

After:

Comments (8)

• Julie Herbert
    last year

Absolutely beautiful ❤️

Christine Hamilton Interiors thanked Julie Herbert
  • Kate
    last year

Stunning well done

• Kate
    last year

Does the fireplace swivel?

Christine Hamilton Interiors thanked Kate
  • PRO
    Christine Hamilton Interiors
    Original Author
    last year

Yes it does

• User
    last year

Pleasant enough , but it needs some colour IMO . I realise it isn't finished , so hopefully you add some rugs ( you know it needs colour when the one rug there , the most unobtrusive nothing design , actually adds to the room , so imagine what some tasteful colour will do ! ) , some art , some vases , some appliances .

And for me , the stools and coffee tables don't quite work with the black and white -- maybe redder toned timber if sticking with timber , or even black frames and legs on both , with smoky glass table tops and maybe tan leather on the stools ? The other option would be pick a colour from the art you are going to add , and do part of the stools and tables in the same tones ?

Black and white is trendy , its clean , but to me its a base -- you need 5% that is colour . In fact , look at the last photo , and there are 3 lamps . Two have white shades , and look boring IMO , the 3rd one on that sideboard is a nice caramel brown and just suits so much better , again just my opinion .

• rocksfam
    last year

Very beautiful with a calm atmosphere. I hope the owners feel safe there as it looks like a beautiful cocoon

Christine Hamilton Interiors thanked rocksfam
  • mykky48
    last year

Serene and elegant with a fabulous punch of oomph to compliment those views outside, what a delightful home💖

Christine Hamilton Interiors thanked mykky48