rthhouse

Can this living room be transformed into master w. ensuite & robes?

rthhouse
last year

Hi all,

As part of a potential reno we're looking at moving our master bedroom. We have a front living area that we are wondering could we convert into master bedrooms with small ensuite and robes (don't have to be walk in).

I have posted here the original floor plan as well as my current plan. Note- the purple is a mantle piece in front of old gas heater (not really used) and orange is windows.

The big drawback I can see for my plan is that the front door to the house opens into the door to the bedroom. Is this actually much of a problem? Interestingly that wall used to actually be the door to the living area but the previous owners opened it up. For further context, the ensuite in my proposed location will back onto the kitchen (hence not wanting to move the wall).

We don't want to move the window at the front of the house or beside the front door.

Would love to hear ideas - or if there's just no space to do it without moving walls.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

• Kate
    last year

I think you need a second robe. Or a long set of drawers under the window beside front door.

• siriuskey
    last year

I wouldn't have the entrance into the ensuite opposite the bedhead, swap it with the robe

• rthhouse
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks all. The ensuite door could be moved to the other sideside easily. My main concern was the front door to the hosiehouse opening to block the doorway to the bedroom (the front door isn't clearly labelled I knowknowknowknow realise.