kelsi_wooding

Lexicon Quarter: Matching Trim Colour OR Vivid White

Kelsi Wooding
last year
last modified: last year

Help me make a simple decision I'm really struggling with.

We're about to paint a house we've just pruchased, and have chosen Lexicon Quarter. It's a white we've used previously and works well with our Tassie Oak floorboards.

Previously we have painted the walls/trim/ceiling in the same colour (just semi gloss / flat / low sheen depending on location) but our painter is suggesting we use vivid white for trims and ceilings instead, with the lexicon quarter walls.

Keen to hear of anyone who's done this. I realise the professional has painted many more houses than I have but I'm concerned that the vivid white trim could make the cool toned lexicon quarter appear slightly blue in a darker room. I've never had this issue in our place currently with the same coloured trim but also don't want to just throw away his recommendation.

Realise I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but would love advice! Please drop me a comment and vote in the poll.

Lexicon Quarter walls with Lexicon Quarter trim + ceilings
Lexicon Quarter walls with Vivid White trim + ceilings
Lexicon Quarter walls and trim with Vivid White ceilings

Comments (4)

• Maye B
    last year

White trims and ceilings look so fresh and clean. If you like Lexicon the colours will really pop. Lexicon is great

Kelsi Wooding thanked Maye B
  • wendyec
    last year

It depends what type of paint you are using for the trims. If using an enamel paint it will yellow more over time with vivid white than lexicon quarter due to the added tint. If he is suggesting the vivid white to create slight contrast with trims against the walls, then perhaps lexicon half on the walls, with quarter on the trims would do the same. I have just painted a dado and trims in lexicon quarter and it is much whiter than I expected.

Kelsi Wooding thanked wendyec
  • Kelsi Wooding
    Original Author
    last year

@Maye B I do love lexicon quarter…

• Kelsi Wooding
    Original Author
    last year

@wendyec I think he is suggesting it for the contrast; but the more that i think about it, I dont really want a contrast, I just want a nice clean white canvas.

Our living room is a bit darker, and the lexicon half looks a bit blue in that light, which i definately want to avoid. We have lexicon quarter in our current place and it looks white and not too cool (even though it is a cool toned paint).

Think we’re going a semi gloss acrylic so the yellowing should be less of an issue regardless