judy_starr97

Master ensuite update

Judy Starr
last year
last modified: last year

.Wanting a bath in my ensuite. Preferably keeping shower and bath separate. Bonus if i can see wall mounted tv in diagonal corner of bedroom shown by the shape. from bath..I want to keep line of sight to window clear as gorgeous garden outside..Would like to have wc partitioned off.Original plan showing ensuite with master bedroom. There is no door to ensuite. Ive become used to this as garden can be seen from bed and its delightful..Opening is framed by a reveal painted highlight colour similar to others in the house. There was a void between shower and wall of WIR. We've gutted the room, removed the shower and fake wall which allows 1200mm to the right of window. 2 options are attached. Plan 5 has bath to R of window and shower to L of window. I had thought i could make that area into a wet room by adding glass walls and door effectively dividing the room. A white plantation shutter will be on window. Problem _ need to move bath away from window wall in order to open shutter. This then is too close to wc.Solution. Room measures approx 3300mm wide and 1720mm deep with 2400mm ceiling height. If i extend the 1720mm wall into the bedroom by say 50-60 cm the wc could be moved over and partitioned off. I could also have a wide door to bathroom itself, either a pocket sliding door or a barn door.My drawing Plan 4 has been shown as L shape as first thought was to extend only that side. But if i extend both the short walls then there is more room for free standing bath and generally more space.Plan 4 idea would have shower and bath along the left wall and 1200mm vanity to R of window.What do you all think about extending into the bedroom. Currently Theres ample room for QS bed and bedside tables with more to spare.How much does it cost to move the wc 50cm??Any other pros, cons, or other ideas gratefully accepted.

Comments (6)