raineyann

Any air conditioner experts out there please?

We have just been advised that due to the roof design of the house we are building, ducted air con is not an option. Neither are ceiling casettes due to price and raked ceilings.

I hate the look of split systems but have been told they are the only option.

I read a bit about bulkhead units but I can't get enough information to know if they might work for us.

We have bulkheads on external walls in two rooms and on internal walls in two other rooms. I would love to know if it's possible to use bulkhead units in these rooms. Two rooms could have duct directly through the wall to the outdoor unit.

In the bedrooms, there is space over the wardrobes that could potentially be accessed from the ceiling of the wardrobe. I wonder if it's possible to put a bulkhead unit in that space instead of mounting a bulky unit on the face? Duct could run from the end of the unit directly to an outside unit.

Why is there not more innovation going on to make air con units more attractive or disreet? Surely others, like me, consider those bulky splits ugly?

I've also tried to look into the LG Art Cool range and colored units from Mitsubishi, but it's so difficult to get information. Air con companies just want to sell what they want to sell!

Any suggestions/ideas/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Red XX s mark bulkheads. Outdoor unit goes behind Bed 1 wall and to the side of Bed 2/3 robes. One can also go under main bathroom window to service media room.

Comments (22)