webuser_945164721

little house in France

HU-945164721
last year
last modified: last year

Hello, we have a derelict little house in country France, which we plan to renovate, it has wonderful country features like a traditional fire place. We want it to be for guests and airbnb. We asked the architect, a friend of mine, to make 2 bedrooms upstairs with 2 bathrooms, downstairs will be one small, cosy kitchen, lounge.

We had a first set of drawings, a long time ago, now have received the second set. He says that due to heights, he puts a shared toilet in the middle, which defeats the purpose of having two bedrooms, with open plan bathrooms.

Downstairs he has recently drawn a much worse version of what he did initially. I think this is due to us suggesting to place the stairs in the middle in order to divide upstairs bedrooms equally.

We are meeting next week to talk about this. Here's what I would like from your generous help and advice:

1. Could we put a spiral staircase and add additional access to the first floor via an opening we have on the first floor. Would it even make sense to have an additional set of stair outside? I am thinking there could be a terrace though...Then furniture could be brought upstairs?
  2. Downstairs how do we make the room much more open, fitting a kitchen and lounge. His most recent drawing is very 1980s, and this house is mostly for visitors, not so much for living in.
  3. Any suggestions that you have would be most appreciated.

merci

Comments (24)