ayan_farah26

balck or white wall adhesive wallpaper

Ayan Farah
last year

Hello, I recently moved into this apartment and do not like how the kitchen looks, I want to put black or white wall paper on it make it look more appealing, any suggestions on how to make it better will be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (10)

• Ayan Farah
    Original Author
    last year

Should i put black or white wall paper is my question? Haha thanks in advance

• dreamer
    last year

No to wallpaper. Where is your dining table situated? or is there room for a timber free standing island. You need colour and texture, not black or white. Timber gives you both colour and texture.

• dreamer
    last year

Maybe accessorise with black and white kettle etc and timber chopping board. Black canisters etc etc.

• bigreader
    last year

What type of look are you trying to achieve? Give us a bit more detail and you’ll get some helpful info.

• Ayan Farah
    Original Author
    last year

This is my first rental I just don’t like the colour of it , but not sure what will look good on it or how to decorate it even, though I will get some ideas on here ;)

• dreamer
    last year

If this is a rental, and you are the tenant, then you can’t wallpaper anything unless you get approval and permission from the owner.

• Kate
    last year

Personally I would get a bright red kettle or toaster for corner or on top of stove. Add red tee towel to oven door. Table or island in front of kitchen to your taste. Once you accessorise the rest will become neutral background.

• Julie Herbert
    last year

It’s a great neutral to start with, grab some fabulous accessories to style your kitchen, could look beautiful.

• robandlyn
    last year

I also say no to wallpaper....in my opinion wallpaper would look weird in that kitchen. Julies suggestions are great, as always! I'd also add a bit of greenery but don't overdo it. Just a small potplant or something.

• siriuskey
    last year

It's a lovely small new kitchen which doesn't have much available space to add accents like julies beautiful examples, Is it an eat in kitchen, ie: with table and chairs which will add to the space, or as dreamer mentioned adding a moveable timber Island/trolley. I would consider changing the Blind to a different colour, or timber/white venetian etc. Spotlight has a great selection. This is a temporary fix for your rental period so any change of blind would need to be installed as per the original as it would need to be returned when you leave. It's a blank canvas waiting for you to add your personality.