igor_solomon

Tell me why I shouldn't allocate this area as prep zone!

Eger Zulman
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

Designing my first kitchen - please tell me why it's a bad idea to use the yellow shaded area as prep zone. Hob is 90cm induction for reference. Also feel free to point out other stupid design decisions. TIA

Comments (11)

• Kate
    11 months ago

I have my toaster and kettle in similar corner with stove and sink separated by corner cabinet as you have. and do all my prep at island. Totally up to you how you use the space.

• Kate
    11 months ago

I prob wouldn’t have the fridge opp centre of island but at one end as it sticks out 100mm past the bench and is frequently used by people getting drinks

• Kate
    11 months ago

For me I would put oven where fridge is

• Kate
    11 months ago

I would also delete bulkhead above window. Is this and academic assignment or your new build?

• Eger Zulman
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Thanks for the replies Kate. My new build and I have no idea what I'm doing! Fridge where the oven is would be wonderful but I can't fit it between the windows unfortunately.

If I delete the bulkhead above window, should I remove the one above the oven tower as well?

• siriuskey
    11 months ago

There's no such thing as a silly question Are you having an island. what are the dimensions of the room marking doors and window.s

• siriuskey
    11 months ago

Dimensions will allow us to see how it all fits and not just guessing

• siriuskey
    11 months ago

Microwave looks too high, so that needs to be considered

• Kate
    11 months ago

Can you post the whole door plan of house for context please

• bigreader
    11 months ago

You could reduce your full double sink to a 1 and 1/2 bowl to get a little more bench space. Have a think about how you live - where will you stack your dirty dishes and where will you have a drainer? You have plenty of prep space on the island. Why are you limiting yourself to the corner?

• rojopen
    11 months ago

Power points on both ends of the island.