hzdeleted_69318469

Is It Rude To Stair ?

User
10 months ago

I've been away from New Zealand for the last 3 weeks , but its Monday night here , and I was just looking on-line , and I see this house for sale in Auckland ( N Z ) for around $35 million !

Comments (17)

• User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

A few more pics to whet your appetite . . . . all pretty pleasant so far !

This pic ( just above ) I have already posted up the top , but have a look at the light in that window in the middle of the house .

Here it is , from the inside . It is huge , and was around $250,000 apparently !

• User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

I'll get to the furniture soon Kate -- some of it is spectacular !

In my opinion though , this is the true stair of the house -- a work of art IMO !

Looks like reception desk !

Nah -- its a staircase ! ( It goes down to the basement car park too )

• Kate
    10 months ago

Yes stunning starcase.
    Some real craftsperson at work on this place keep the photos or link coming

• User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

The 'kitchen' is a bit weird -- I'm trying to work out if the rod or bar is a light , or a rack to hold spirit bottles ?

But then , lo and behold , you discover the 'real' ( butlers ) kitchen , behind the 'fake' kitchen . . . . .

• Michelle Forest
    10 months ago

I will continue to look and without any guilt! Come on, a house that beautiful is going to have admirers. Though I'd take a hard pass on the giant orb like light fixture. WOW!

User thanked Michelle Forest
  • User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Some pictures of the furniture , mainly . I'm not convinced how warm or how comfortable the house or the furniture would be , but I guess its the price you pay for being mega-loaded ?

I'll add some more in a couple of days . I'm guessing it is akll designer furniture , bought through a consultant , paid top dollar -- but when you are that rich , I guess you mention the $50k you spent on a piece of original furniture -- only to find a couple of years later a knock-off is going for $1200 ! Anyway , if you are like me , you look in slight amazement , slight amusement .

• Kate
    10 months ago

It’s a gallery not a home. Those black and white chairs can u see the face in them. Wonder if intentional.

User thanked Kate
  • Kate
    10 months ago

As long as they don’t eat me that look cosy

User thanked Kate
  • User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

It is either just someone wityh heaps of $$$ , or possibly someone with a very subtle art pallette -- in Maori , tribal face tattoos are called Te Moko

So possibly very , very intentional . Or maybe they just like the contrast .

• Kate
    10 months ago

Good insight.

User thanked Kate
  • User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Or a version you might be miore able to relate to haha

I understand some of the arty farty set stick to a set of rules , to show they are individuals , and individuals with impecable taste at that -- you must have at least 1 work of art showing your indigenous side ; one from a prominent LBGT artist ; one from whatever this weeks cause is .

The table with the offset chairs -- if you look at the legs , you'll see the table has supports that are different sizes and angles , so possibly the chairs are off-centre on purpose ?

Similarly , if you look at the cupboard doors in the butlers pantry , the lines don't line up -- that surely has to be on purpose -- even the most incompetent almost-blind builder could do better than that if they were supposed to line up ?

Art covers up a lot of incompetence -- I might be an artist !

• PRO
    CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD
    10 months ago

Sadly with a house that big, it is hard to make it look personal when a random collection of furniture is placed in it rather than specifically collated or designed for the house. The large spaces need larger items or more items from the one collection. The spaces are divided up too much with the furniture in small clusters. If someone is to spend $35M, hopefully they will do it justice with their own furniture or get some great pieces to suit the house.

C.

User thanked CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD
  • User
    Original Author
    10 months ago

• kbodman14
    10 months ago

Money can deliver a look-at-me statement without style, substance or functionality.

User thanked kbodman14
  • Michelle Forest
    10 months ago

Look - the bathroom ain't bad at all!

User thanked Michelle Forest
  • PRO
    CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD
    10 months ago

I love the feature stone they have used in the bathroom. Although it is still beige, it does add a bit of character to the house.

C.

User thanked CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD