webuser_848509730

Front porch converted into an ensuite.

Flower
10 months ago

I'm planning to convert the front porch into a bathroom.
I'm thinking of keeping as many windows as possible and installing stutters and freestanding showers and mirror for the basin. Am I being silly for not allowing to concrete both sides keeping small windows at the front? Any good ideas?
I have attached the rough plan of what I want showing toilet one one side and shower on the other side (I want double shower).
I have also attached draftman plans showing concrete on both sides of the bathroom.

Comments (12)

• Kate
    10 months ago

I like the yellow plan. Having a proper window at front of house should look better when viewed externally. When you say double shower are you planing a shower head at each end?

• oklouise
    10 months ago

i also prefer the yellow plan but can you share photos and plans of original house showing adjoining rooms as you also need to plan where water pipes will be located and how the new door between bedroom and bathroom will affect furniture placement in the bedroom as well as standing room for two people in the bathroom and the view of the house as seen from outside

• siriuskey
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago
  • dreamer
    10 months ago

The yellow plan is better. Also because of the existing facade of home, it would be good to keep the original front room windows, and then reinstall them on the facade of your new bathroom.(Old porch) With this home, which looks like it is an Australian California bungalow, it would be a shame to take the windows out.

• dreamer
    10 months ago

I’m assuming by both drawings you want a large shower recess, not a shower with double (two) shower heads.

• dreamer
    10 months ago

You can definitely have your plan, the grey plan, with private toilet. Have the windows installed above the vanity, and install mirrors in front of the window, as per the previous discussion and post from Siriuskey.

• dreamer
    10 months ago

Sorry, re reading your original question, where are the windows in your grey plan on both sides?? Both plans have windows at the front and built solid walls on the side. I’m now confused with your actual post and question. Both plans for external wall appear the same, just the layout is different.

• Kate
    10 months ago

Yes if you are happy with a mirror in front of window or in other location opt 2 would work well with toilet able to be closed off for privacy

• siriuskey
    10 months ago

Because the new ensuite is facing the street it will need a highlight window

• siriuskey
    10 months ago

If not privacy will be a problem

• siriuskey
    10 months ago

Busy day so perhaps I can show what I mean tomorrow