christine_adams5

1970s groove villa units

Cee
8 months ago

Budget is villa size. Area has 1950-1960s blonds. Fine. A little plain but good size rooms. Many orange, tan, brown brick with mission brown trims. Goovey baby.. but not really. Can anyone help me connect to this era? Desriptions of features? Websites with Australian architectural terms? Insight to why so.much.brown? I'm coming around to those 70s arched windows (slowly). Anyone know the name?

Comments (10)

• siriuskey
    8 months ago

My guess is 70's

• Cee
    Original Author
    8 months ago

The name of that window arch style? Should I still expect vents near the ceilings as with 50-60's? Asbestos still common? (Victoria)

• bigreader
    8 months ago

The windows are faux Spanish mission. Yes there could be vents. And yes there could be asbestos especially in eaves and wet areas. Things like vents and asbestos don’t just stop as styles of architecture change, any house can incorporate styles and features of preceding styles.

• Cee
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Claro (of course). Gracias BigReader!

Houses with grander arches were aplenty in my 'burbs when a child. The villas are so much plainer I didn't associate it as the same style. Well La Casa here I come. When I buy one, I'll be back for reno recommendations.

• User
    8 months ago

I don't want to be too critical , but that looks more like a prison than a house . . . . . .

• Cee
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Pottsy, yep. A dog prision. Hence *trying* to engage with the 70s styles.. Faux Spanish dog prision.

• Cee
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Some of the kitchens could do with a little updating.

• bigreader
    8 months ago

1970s units represent good value due to the better than average sized rooms and their solid construction. Look past the cosmetics.

• User
    8 months ago

Sorry in advance -- I just couldn't resist . They'd be pretty secure too haha .