webuser_887358396

Front Facade & Garden bed Design

Doz Dee
7 months ago

I’m really keen to get opinions on facade colours and garden bed design!

Overall I thought for the facade, to go for a modernised “industrial” look (Eg Black/ red brick) -

1. repaint garage door monument with matching gutters/roof trims and window frames also in Monument.
  2. Eventually repaint green fencing Monument too

Any opinions on this, especially as the shutters are so white, I was thinking of making the gutter fascia white?

Garden bed is north facing Perth conditions, so lots of sun and no wind protection. I”m keen to have a native garden bed but also need to tie in with the other garden bed which is a mulberry tree, underplanted with Agapanthas and hedging… so maybe…

1. Viburnum or Lilly Pilly box hedging along the long edge adjoining neighbors
  2. Main tree in centre (ornamental cherry- mainly because I love the white flowers and would ??make the shutters less “white”) OR Eucalyptus baby blue silver dollar or Eucalyptus albida 'White Leaved Mallee'
  3. Surrounded by Nafray® Pennisetum, then Lomandra and some other ground cover, spilling / light silvery plant spilling over the rocks, and maybe acacia limelight on the outside of the rocks..

There’s also a jacaranda tree on the front verge..

Any feedback on this - I’d be sooooooo grateful!!

Comments (6)