paintedpeggies

Updated Jack and Jill bathroom

Hi, wanted to share a bathroom refresh we did a bit back but I never posted pictures.

This was the original (1990) Jack and Jill bath that’s in between my kids’ (14 and 18) bedrooms.

The first pic was my inspiration.

THEN my before/afters. I took these at night, so not the best but the lights are pretty bright!

The tub/shower and toilet are in an alcove behind the curtain. My goal is to eventually replace the pocket doors with regular doors. Has anyone here done that and is it easy?

The floor is Cortec and I absolutely love it for this bathroom!

Vanity is Home Depot.

Comments (10)

• RedRyder
    6 months ago

The navy and white is a great choice. I like the counter materials too. Great transformation. I agree with Beth’s observation about the door. It needs to match the new bathroom somehow.

• arcy_gw
    6 months ago

Love the new space! Why remove the pocket door? If it opens in it will band into the new fixtures. I would paint it same as the wall.

• Painted Peggies (zone 6a)
    Original Author
    6 months ago

My kids always keep the bathroom doors closed and i would hang the new doors the other way. There is a wall on each side across from the vanity…so the door would never touch the fixtures and only be opened to enter/exit.

Also, if we did pocket doors again, I would need new hardware / tracks because the ones there are barely functional.

I really want to remove the existing doors, bury the tracks (leave in the wall) and hang new regular doors.

I dont know if that is possible…

• Kay p
    6 months ago

We changed out our bathroom door with a pocket door one of the best things we did with our home renovation

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    6 months ago

Updating the pocket door and the pocket door hardware will make a large difference

• la_la Girl
    6 months ago

Gosh it looks so nice! Bright and fresh -

• arcy_gw
    6 months ago

It is a pain when the pocket door fails. Not an easy fix for sure. They are such space savers.

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    6 months ago

The contrast between the white and navy is wonderful. My only caution would be the shower door. Make sure to keep the top clean , because it can it clogged and the shower door could stick. Definitely keep the pocket door and just paint it a color you would enjoy.

• Kendrah
    6 months ago

Looks great. I like your vanity much better than the one in your inspiration pic. Good job!