janetelizabeth_cronin

Recommendations on sleek slimline bathroom exhaust fans and heaters

JE C
4 months ago

Can anyone recommend a bathroom exhaust fan with capacity greater than 350 cubic metres /H please? I am looking for something sleek and slimline and flush with the ceiling, and not a combined 3 in 1 type. I would prefer something hardwired not something with a remote. I will try and upload a photo of the sort of thing I mean in the comments (might struggle as I seem to get US house on my phone but I appear to be able to access Aus Houzz on my phone when I am replying to a comment,).

I'm also looking for single heating globes that are similarly minimalist looking, not ones that stick out from the ceiling.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend knowledgeable suppliers that hold a large stock range in Adelaide that would be great too.

The reason I am not looking for combined options are that I have been advised it is more efficient to have the exhaust fan above the shower and the heaters above the vanity / toilet (where you need them most) also that the exhaust fan can attract dirt to the lights. I also like a minimalistic look,

I'm ideally looking for mid priced options. Thanks very much.

Comments (5)

• Kate
    4 months ago

You are on Australia. In your phone open the Houzz app go into your profile and check in settings that you have country set to Australia. Sometimes updates reset it to us.

• JE C
    Original Author
    4 months ago

Thankyou Kate, it worked.

• Kath
    4 months ago

Mercator make a slimline 3 in 1 that's flush to the ceiling. This is the one we've got but I don't know it's capacity - https://www.mercator.com.au/product/domini-3-in-1-bathroom-exhaust-fan-2/. They make another model that's above your extraction requirements - https://www.mercator.com.au/products/heater-exhaust-fans/bathroom-heaters-heater-exhaust-fans/. The photo is the one we've got (not in situ!). If you go to their product list, they do have just extractors. Can't help with individual heating lamps that don't stick out.

• JE C
    Original Author
    4 months ago

I like this Kath. Thankyou,it looks neater than the IXL ones.

• Kath
    4 months ago

Yes, it's much better looking. We replaced an IXL with this one when we renovated our bathroom.