kobrien456

STH903 Smeg Dishdrawer 900 wide replacement

Kat Kat
3 months ago

We installed an integrated STH903 Smeg Dishdrawer 900 wide dishwasher in our then new kitchen 13 years ago and dishwasher will need replacing soon. I cant find any 900 dishwashers for sale at all, even secondhand. There was a F&P but that is also discontinued. My cabinetry doesn't need replacing. The dishwasher was installed in an island bench with double Abbey sink and underbench microwave. Waterfall caesarstone. What options do I have please? Budget is a big consideration as I was hoping this would be the last kitchen reno that I would need. Very much appreciate any advice, thanks everyone.

Comments (5)

• dreamer
    3 months ago

Depending on the actual width of space that will be left in the cabinet. Remove lower part of cabinet, and either install two x 450mm slimline dishwashers, or install a standard 600mm and get a cabinet maker to make a 300mm cabinet and door or drawer for next to the new dishwasher.

Kat Kat thanked dreamer
  • bigreader
    3 months ago

Can you post a pic of the cabinetry? As above some cabinetry adjustments are going to be required? Are you planning on a drawer type again?

Kat Kat thanked bigreader
  • Kat Kat
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I will add pics later- mobility is restricted at moment due to injury- good to hear that I possibly won't have to rip out the whole island. :) Unsure about what dishwasher to replace it with, will probably research on Choice. I like the Hafele bins https://www.hafelehome.com.au/products/hideaway-waste-bin-compact-2x40-ltr-hinged or similar, so I might get those as well. I guess any cabinet maker would take on this job? Thanks Dreamer and bigreader. :)

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    3 months ago

Hello Kat

I am not sure why this "will need replacing soon" but given it is not that old plus its unusual width, height and door configuration, and the significant cost of replacement along with new cabinetry, have you contacted Smeg Australia 02 8667 4888 or perhaps http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/index.php?cPath=69383_69404_90398 to look into spare parts required and then having the dishwasher repaired?

Hope this helps Malcolm.

• Kat Kat
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thanks Malcolm- its just acting up a little- new motherboard required maybe. Great idea to contact those parties- I very much appreciate that advice :)