webuser_83620128

Extension desgin

Belinda X
last month

We have planted a Japanese maple tree in out backyard where the dot is and we would like to extend our house around it. We would like to:
▪︎attach the studio to the house. The current garage can go, however I would love to encorporate the old red brick garage & studio wall in the exterior or interior of our extension design.
▪︎add a single car garage closer to the road that will follow into a mud room then into the house.
▪︎living & dining area with an A frame ceiling, full glass rear wall & bifolds walking into a deck area around our tree. Im assuming our whole back wall, bathroom and laundry will have to go and be relocated into the extension.
▪︎keep as much of the backyard as possible
▪︎a long hallway going into the extension.
Looking for ideas!

Comments (12)

• bigreader
    last month

That crepe Myrtle is small enough to be relocated. I wouldn’t plan such an expensive thing as a renovation around a young tree.

• siriuskey
    last month

Belinda x and Belinda are the same person so lots of photos available to help with ideas.

• oklouise
    last month

what is the width and length of the whole block....width of the driveway to the side of the kitchen .....distance from the front bedroom to the front fence ....what are the walls, floors and roof built out of (including house, garage and studio) and how many steps from the ground to the inside floors?? and it looks like your studio and garage are built on the boundary and would be surprised if you could gain permission to include these buildings in an extension but old bricks could be reused in the new walls or the studio could be saved for an outdoor alfresco and it would be much easier to move your lovely tree than sacrifice a good design for your extension but, we need more info to make any realistic suggestions and some photos including a Google earth photo of the roofs would also help

• Belinda X
    Original Author
    last month

Sorry I forgot to add, we are planning for approx 10 years time so the tree will be bigger.

• Belinda X
    Original Author
    last month

Planning for the future e.g. 10years so tree will be much bigger.

• Kate
    last month

Lovely brick wall. What is the distance from house to garage. Is the studio part of the brick wall or a separate structure. Is the water and sewerage to the studio?

• Kate
    last month

Some options.what do u think of master at front?

• Kate
    last month

A single garage in vic is 3.5m x 6m internalDo you have space for that beside house?

• Kate
    last month

Bear in mind the garage slab may not be waterproof so will prob need to be pulled up and replaced

• Belinda X
    Original Author
    last month

Yes it is 3.5 x 6m. Thanks I like the design. We would love to keep the kitchen if possible where it is. I like the living room turning into a master. Not sure of distance from house to garage. Studio is in the same structure. No water or sewerage.

• Kate
    last month

Belinda if the kitchen stays where it is where would the mudroom go?

• dreamer
    last month

I wouldn’t be fussed about using the brick wall internally. Leave it for the external garden. It was just a normal red brick wall that you put white paint on in a smear effect. You can redo a new wall in the same fashion. Or purchase and incorporate actual recycled bricks into a wall of the home.