houzzaupolls

Breakfast time: Tea kettle, drip coffee machine or espresso maker?

8 years ago

Breakfast time! Which appliance is your best companion during breakfast? Are you a fan of boiling water the old-fashioned way with the traditional tea kettle, do you prefer the electric tea kettle? Or, if you're a coffee person – which type of coffee maker is your favourite?

Vote below. And if you use something else again, tell us in the comments - pictures welcome!

Comments (13)

• PRO
    8 years ago

Espresso machine for me - albeit I must admit, that it's usually the one belonging to the local cafe on the walk to work!

• PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Expresso Machine! Even though its a little loud at 6:30am.

• PRO
    8 years ago

Espresso machine, but the Aeropress comes in close second for its portability, cleanliness, nerdiness, and efficiency!

• PRO
    8 years ago

Brewing over the stove makes me happy

• 8 years ago

Would love a proper espresso machine but mornings are mad rush for me, so I will settle for one of those Nespresso machines... all in due time when our new house/kitchen is ready

• 8 years ago

"Polly put the kettle on. " Still waiting for a Polly, so I do it.

• 8 years ago

I use an Aeropress - just a smaller and more convenient version of a French Press, but it is filtered through a fine paper. Makes great coffee!

• 8 years ago
    Hubby is the only one in the house who drinks coffee - Nespresso machine is great for him.
  • 8 years ago

An electric kettle, since I am a tea drinker. A pot of freshly brewed Earl Grey tea sets me up for the morning.

• 8 years ago
    We always start the day with a weak pot of tea which we drink black (or light brown). This is then followed by a pot of drip coffee which was being brewed as we drink our tea. We also have a pod machine for the in between times or if a guest arrives and needs a quick cuppa. We used to have an espresso machine but too much bother. As you can probably guess we are retired and have the luxury of time, but do enjoy our real coffee, no Instant in the house.
  • 8 years ago

Instant coffee is vile.

• 6 years ago

Espresso machine, but all day, not just breakfast.