clubnev

Need options for shelves in a shower-considering glass shelves

clubnev
7 years ago

We are remodeling a bathroom and we were planning to install a niche. We took out the tub and added a shower. We were going to put the niche on the wall opposite of the shower head.

In tearing out the old shower, we discovered we don't have room for the niche because the wall is not thick enough.

So now I'm looking at shelves for the corners. We are doing white subway tile with a Caribbean green glass tile border/inset.

I want shelves that blend in with the subway tile. The obvious is to go white and perhaps that is what we will do. I don't want to do the typical marble because I think it will conflict with the other tiles.

I am doing this tile in Matt White (not the color shown). This is from DalTile

It seems my other two options besides white and marble are baskets and glass. My concern with baskets is the possibility of rust. Has anyone used a glass inset shelf like this?

I am considering these:

This is a part time place so stuff won't be sitting on them all the time.

Any other options? Baskets seem easy to clean compared to glass which will show water spots. But once they rust, then seems like you are stuck with them because removing/reinserting means destroying some tile. And my husband is not fond of the basket look.

Thanks

Comments (8)