ctsclass

Mixing Interior Door Knobs & Levers

Sandy Class
7 years ago
I prefer the look of knobs to levers. I have a double door foyer closet, do I need to install levers on those doors or can use knobs. If I go with levers, can u use knobs on my other doors?

Comments (10)

• Kris Mays
    7 years ago

Do you mean you need a dummy set for batwing doors on a closet? You can buy those as knobs.

• Sandy Class
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    No, I would like knobs on all my doors. I'm just concerned about how knobs would look on the double doors in the foyer. So I'm wondering if I could do levers in the foyer and knobs on the other doors
  • Kris Mays
    7 years ago

Knobs look fine on double doors. But sure, you can mix them. Just keep the same finish. I wouldn't, though.

• acm
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Sure. I prefer levers on french doors, whether you have levers or knobs elsewhere. No buyer has ever disagreed. :)

• prospera
    7 years ago

We had levers in our last house and had problems with them. For some reason I hooked onto them, and the cat had an easy time opening them. This house has all egg shaped knobs and I really like it. They are on French doors and closet doors as well and look fine no matter where they are. As Jan said, go with what YOU like!

• wdmeans1065
    5 years ago
    Can I have a black lever on the outside of my bathroom door and a glass knob on the inside?
  • tqtqtbw
    5 years ago

wdmeans1065 Yes, if the mechanicals work together.

• PRO
    Atlantic UK
    4 years ago

@wdmeans1065 Definitely - It is personal choice but if you would like the door levers to match the interiors of each different room and they work well mechanically together, It would work well. However, maybe consider the overall image of how all the door furniture blends together?

• PRO
    Atlantic UK
    4 years ago

@Sandy Class There is no right or wrong answer really to whether you should use door knobs or door levers, however coordination of all door hardware should be considered. Sometimes the use of a door levers may be considered as more practical - especially with elderly or children as residents where their grip isn't tight enough to operate all kinds of door knobs. Function is an important aspect but in many homes aesthetics would play a vital part in the decision making process. In your case, personal preference would pay a large part but a mix of door levers and door knobs would not look wrong providing the style was correct to the interior and the finish was coordinating throughout!