nzcookie

How practical is a white kitchen?

nzcookie
6 years ago

I have just found out that the plywood that I had specified for our kitchen in our new build has all been sold to two big commercial projects, and there won't be any more in the country until next year! My joiner is trying to source some from the companies that have bought it all, but I need to find a Plan B in case he is unsuccessful.

I have chosen all the colours for our kitchen/dining/living area already, and white cabinetry is really the only colour that will look good with the rest of the space. However, we are a family with two children and a dog, and I have a chronic health condition, which means I am not able to clean all my kitchen drawers and doors every day. So I'm a bit concerned that white is going to show lots of fingerprints and grubby marks if my kitchen only gets a proper clean once a week.

I'd love to hear other people's experiences with white kitchen cabinetry. Is it practical for a family? Does it still look good years down the track? Is it easy to keep clean? Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks!

Comment (1)