saschka

help with roller blind colour choice

saschka
2 years ago
Trying to decide on roller blind colour for our house. Currently have wooden Venetian and although I like the look of them, they are such a pain to clean so I’m looking to get roller blinds.
We have a brick house, with wooden frames in Cove colour and curved steel framed windows and guttering are in monument. Inside we have white frames and hogs bristle half on walls.
I think if we choose beige blinds they will be in contrast with the cove and monument colours. So I’m thinking maybe we should go for grey or charcoal blinds.
What do you think?
I’ve highlighted the windows that are the final colour choice for the outside (we haven’t had a chance to paint the rest of the windows!)
Thanks in advance!

• JE C
    2 years ago
    It lools very English, when was it built, terrific house. Also will you have the same window treatments on all front facing windows? Might look odd if not I think.
    Best Answer
  • JE C
    2 years ago
    What an interesting house, it has got personality, I think charcoal would be a good choice if that works with your decor inside.
  • saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Thanks JE
    It is an interesting house so we are trying to keep its character.
    Thank you again for your response :)
  • Julie Herbert
    2 years ago
    great house, I think the timber looks great, really suits the house, otherwise charcoal roller as suggested but it could make interior quite dark.
  • annb1997
    2 years ago

Good question, JE C. I wonder the same thing. saschka, other than white walls &trimwork, what is the flooring? I really like the idea of a grey or charcoal, but thinks it's important to have an idea of what your overall scheme for the room in question. Also, do you have some samples in mind that you can post a photo? Textured blinds are very interesting.

• PRO
    Meghaaiinteriors
    2 years ago
    lovely house!!
    I think grey will give it a good look.
    if maintaining is not a problem then white will look awesome.
    and if you want to have a brighter look then light yellow with white or grey will look nice.
  • saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Thanks everyone!
    This the curved window from the inside. Upstairs we have this cream carpet. Downstairs Cyprus pine timber flooring.
    Looking at making all the windows the same.
    I wonder if you can get two toned blinds so from the outside it’s charcoal and inside is beige?
  • annb1997
    2 years ago

Really lovely room and window. Gorgeous cat, what kind is it?

• saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    She’s a tabby cat we rescued from a kitty rescue organisation. She loves that window!
  • annb1997
    2 years ago

Just found this website with dual roller blinds and thought might be interesting to you. Haven't seen any two-toned single blinds, so think you would need to have dual roller which is essentially two diff blinds attached to a single bracket. I'll keep researching.

https://www.blindsonthenet.com.au/products/dual-roller-blinds/

• annb1997
    2 years ago

Actually it says both blinds (in diff fabrics) are installed onto 1 pair of double brackets.

• annb1997
    2 years ago

This company makes dual-sided 100% blockout blinds, lots of design and colour choices. But both sides are the same, which isn't what you are hoping to find. Thought I'd give you the link anyway, as they are pretty interesting.

http://www.specialty.com.au/fabrics/window-furnishing-materials/item/47-aspen

• annb1997
    2 years ago

Here's another link to an online blind company another Houzzer is using for her whole-house installation.

• PRO
    Urban Curtains + Blinds
    2 years ago

I would suggest a double roller system. Sunscreens and blackouts. Id use a charcoal sunscreen with a 10% openness factor as you don't want to block too much light and an of white blockout to compliment the interior colour. Its a misconception that darker coloured sunscreens can make a room dark. As long as it has a high openness factor to let the natural light in, the darker colour will become more transparent to the eye. This is because dark colours absorb the light allowing your eye to see though them. Wheres light colours have a higher reflective value witch bounces back at the eye and makes it hared to see though. Yo will get a lot more light with this system than Venetians.

A dark sunscreen on a light house. (Home is cream on the outside)
    A double Roller Blind system.

I hope this has been at all helpful ;)

• annb1997
    2 years ago

That top photo is very striking, Urban Blinds!

• saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    What are urban blinds?
  • girlguides
    2 years ago
    Saschka urban blinds is name of blind company
  • saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Will look them up!
  • PRO
    Urban Curtains + Blinds
    2 years ago

Yes we are a New Zealand wide blinds company. Where are you based?

• saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    In Australia
  • PRO
    Urban Curtains + Blinds
    2 years ago

which state?

• saschka
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    Nsw
  • PRO
    Panneer
    last year

I have purchased window blinds form Australian window covering very nice for Honeycomb blinds and Plantation shutters is supper my home very nice.

http://www.australianwindowcovering.com.au/honeycomb_blinds.html

• PRO
    Panneer
    last year

I have purchased window blinds from Australian window covering very nice product .I have buy two product Honeycomb blinds and Plantation shutters is nice design,color and price.