sunnycoast

Colorbond colour scheme advice

sunnycoast
5 years ago

Hi Houzz community,

My husband and I in the process of designing a holiday house on 5 acres of bush on the Sunshine Coast. I've been pretty good with making most decisions but I'm a bit undecided with the external colour scheme so would love to hear your thoughts!

I'll attach some elevations of the house at the end of the post.

Here's what we've already decided on:

- Roof will be Colorbond, custom-orb

- Wall cladding will be Colorbond horizontal custom-orb

- Window frames will be aluminum (light silver)

- Decking is INEX composite decking (light grey/weathered wood look)

We like a minimalist/simple aesthetic, neutral grey colour schemes, no browns or greens. I'm planning on adding a few key pieces of furniture/pots to add interest and colour.

Anyway, the scheme I've come up with is a combination of Shale Grey (roof), Windspray (walls), and Basalt (deck posts & balustrades, fascia, gutters). I was also thinking of Basalt for the front door.

We also have to choose colours for our shed - I want it to recede (i.e darker colours) and to look different from the house. I'm thinking Basalt walls and roof, Windspray or Basalt roller doors.

I did a mock up of my proposed colour scheme (though the Windspray looks a lot more blue in the drawing than it does in person).

Would love to hear your thoughts and any suggestions, improvements etc. that you may have. Thank you!

Comments (30)