houzzuk

Rugs Outside – Yay or Nay?

HouzzUK
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

With summer fast-approaching and many of us trying to get our outdoor space in shape – fast – we've been seeing a lot of Houzzers laying down a [rug[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/products/outdoor-rugs-prbr0-br~t_10287) in their gardens and balconies. Are you one of them? Vote in our poll below and tell us why in the Comments.

New Sponsored Photos · More Info

Those in the 'yes' camp, you might want to treat your feet to one of these [rug beauties [(https://www.houzz.co.uk/ideabooks/105714391/list/outdoor-rugs-take-the-floor) those in the 'no' camp'... ah go on, take a look!

Yay
Nay

Comments (22)

• Daisy England
    5 years ago

It's a yes from me. I have one in my garden room. It makes it feel more homely and comfortable. Obviously if you have no roof then you'd have the bother of having to drag it inside every night.

• PRO
    Fisher & Paykel Appliances UK & Ireland
    5 years ago

It's a yay from us! What a great way to cosy up and add a little colour to your seating area, especially when you have guests over for BBQs or drinks :)

• Patrina
    5 years ago
    Yes definately bought one recently and it makes our deck space, easily cleaned and no need to take it inside if it rains. It was also important to us that it was Made from recycled material.
  • E D
    5 years ago

I really like the look of it.

Mrs E D doesn't. She feels a garden should not look like a home.

Have a guess if we'll get one... :-(

:-)

• E D
    5 years ago

Do they really hold up well (even after a longer time) in all weather?

• Patrina
    5 years ago
    @ ED ours has been outside for a few months now and still in really good shape despite several Meals, BBQs and general family use. it will be staying out untill I prep the garden for winter. so we will see, its made from recycled material and is water and mold resistant so I guess over the next few months all these properties will be tested!
  • AMB
    5 years ago
    What is the rug made of?
  • Sonia
    5 years ago

Mine is made of recycled plastic bottles.

• Patrina
    5 years ago
    Recycled plastic, you can read about it here: https://www.greendecore.co.uk/pages/about-green-decore
  • Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    Oo brilliant - I need one for our new patio to hide the mass of concrete!
  • Kazza None
    5 years ago
    Patrina, you have several elements in your garden the same as mine, and I've been looking for a pink rug like yours. Where did you get it from?
  • PRO
    Bio Fires
    5 years ago

It's a yay for us. We always like to bring some of the outdoors indoors and some of the indoors outdoors, it looks even cosier with a rug. And if it's made of recycled materials that can be easily cleaned, we're all in.

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    Well I did actually go and buy one and what a difference it made! Couldn’t get the one I wanted in the larger size from the link you posted (all out of stock!) but I did buy one from another company who are eco friendly and make theirs from plastic straws as well.
    Was going for a grey one but decided on something vibrant to brighten the concrete base up and we love it! It’s huge though.
  • PRO
    Reyne Design
    5 years ago

Inside/outside patio space · More Info

Inside/outside patio space · More Info

We specified these 2 rugs, sat next to each other for a client a couple of years ago. Our understanding is that they still look as good as new. We like them as they add texture and define the dining area. As interior designers, we treated this outdoor space the same as we would an interior so rugs were an obvious choice.

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago

@ Jillian - oo that's a snazzy rug! Didn't see anything like that when I spent 2 days looking for one, haha. Mind you, some of the really unusual ones were out of my budget :/

• E D
    5 years ago

Where we are, it seems it has ceased raining forever..., but do you guys leave your outdoor rugs outdoors when it does?

• Sonia
    5 years ago

Yes I do E D, but it hasn’t rained for months in Herts! I actually hose mine down occasionally to remove bird poo and debris. Mine is made from recycled plastic bottles, so is plasticky but non slip despite this.

• Tani H-S
    5 years ago
    Mine is plastic as well and I leave it out. Would never buy one that you had to bring in. Such a palaver
  • E D
    5 years ago

Good to know, thanks.

You'd probably still need to air it now and again to avoid damp being trapped underneath, I suppose.

• PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    5 years ago

This Beaufort rug from Carpet Sign is made of high tenacity polyester sailing rope, so it's very durable and suitable for outdoor use. It can be made to custom sizes, and it comes in 12 different colours. Perfect for a summer decking or balcony!

Beaufort Rug