lj8295

Low Reflective Render Colour Help!

Laura W
5 years ago

I have recently found out that our exterior colours for our new build have to have a low reflective colour (LRV 50% or below) due to being in a coastal environment ... and the problem is all the houses I like are mostly white with black or dark grey trim.

The cladding is mostly smooth plaster and for a feature some vertical linea board and grey schist at front entrance. Originally I was going to have white plaster, nearly black linea and flaxpod (nearly black) coloured joinery.

But, now the plaster needs to be a LRV under 50% (the white i was looking at is 81%) which means the Render colour is either going to be really quite grey or cream. So I'm a bit stuck as I dont really love grey on the exterior unless its charcoal which would create an incredibly dark coloured house overall. Or cream, which doesn't link with the vision of the sort of colour scheme that I'm wanting to create with the house, lots of white interior, light-ish wood floors, dark grey carpets and tiles, matt black tapware... quite contemporary.

I would really love to add in some Cedar to soften all the 'black' but this is a huge cost that doesn't fit in our budget anymore.

The photo attached is the building companies first computerised version of the exterior to give you some idea of the overall look.

Would appreciate some tips of where to go with the Render colour.

Comment (1)