matthew_wilson8

Paint / Design help

Matthew Wilson
5 years ago

Hi all,

I have recently purchased my first home, a one bed apartment in a 1920s art deco building in Brisbane. I am looking for some paint/design advice.

The room need advice for is the living room. It doesn't have any direct windows to the outside, so receives light from sunroom (east facing) and kitchen (west facing). I am on the ground floor too with another building on the west side.

The floor I am told is pine and the advice I have been given is it's oxidized and I will be able to bring it back to it's original

colour and finish in a matte. My dilemma is with paint for the living room. I like whites and scandinavian design, but the living room can be quite dark so I am worried a white won't look good and think if I should go for a dark blue/black instead? My worry to do that is it would be overpowering to have largest room in a dark colour. The bedroom, sunroom and kitchen will be done in a white. The bathroom I have done in Obsidian by Porters Paint, and the colour looks great in a small space.

My other option is to knock down the wall to the kitchen as outlined in one of the photos to let me light through, but I am seeing costs for this would be $5K, and not sure the benefit is worth the cost. Strata approval would be needed too.

Thank you in advance.

Comments (5)