bentleybonnie

What comes first - the tiling or the vanity?

I am in the middle of getting two small bathrooms renovated. In one, the first thing that you will see is vanity and overhead round mirror and feature wall above vanity. This vanity is about 1500mm and is enclosed in 3 tiled walls - behind it, and on either side of it. It will have an evostone or essastone top and undermount basin. My question is......what looks better.....to put wallhung vanity directly onto wall and tile above and below it (or mark out space for vanity in this case, before tiling ) OR to tile behind and at sides of vanity FIRST , then fit vanity at completion of tiling. Is there anything that I need to be aware of practically and aesthetically in either scenario. ??

The same question applies for a smaller vanity in en-suite that is on left wall as you enter bathroom and side of it is butted up against a wall on which cavity door be. Also, any views on tiling the wall in which the cavity door will hide. I have received mixed views from friends regarding whether the vibration of door opening and closing will be too much movement for the tiles.

Any advice is greatly appreciated., as it is at crunch time for these decisions.

Comments (7)