bec_g8

Toilet with integrated handwash basin options?

Bec G
3 years ago

We’re in the process of planning our bathroom reno and would like to save space by getting a toilet with an integrated hand basin on top of the cistern.

We know Caroma has one; the Profile 5 Toilet Suite Deluxe with Integrated Hand Basin however we really hate the look of it.

We’ve found some others from a UK bathroom website, e.g. Kartell Mini Combo 2-In-1 Toilet and Basin and Gloss White Toilet with Integrated Basin however can’t seem to find anything like these in Australia?

Do any of you know of any alternatives available in the Aus market to the Caroma one? One that doesn’t look so daggy?

Or, in the event that shipping costs of one of the UK units to Aus is reasonable (!), would these actually be suitable to connect to our plumbing systems over here?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (9)

• Bec G
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ah thank you rocksfam, you’ve raised some good points here!

• Sara Graham
    3 years ago

I used to live in Japan where these are quite common in bars and restaurants. They are tedious to use, especially as they usually only have cold water, the basin is small and water splashes out, and you need to lean over the toilet bowl to use them. They have their uses but I’d try to avoid one in my own home.

• Bec G
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Sara, good to know

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    3 years ago

Save big money on importing one from the UK and spend it on design to make the space work for you without the need for such an impractical solution. There are some cute, tiny wall mounted hand basins which would be a neater solution.

https://www.reece.com.au/product/basins-c448/wall-mounted-basins-c452/axa-cento-mini-wall-basin-right-hand-with-fixing-1-9505814

If there is no other option here is another type of toilet/handwash product, but I don't think it looks any better than the Caromo design, although overcomes some of the impracticalities mentioned in the previous comments.

https://www.reece.com.au/product/basins-c448/wall-mounted-basins-c452/roca-w-w-integrated-washbasin-white-5-star-9505427

Best of luck,

Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls/Dr Retro Virtual Visits

• cmnaustralia
    3 years ago

This seems way to novel to me. I think you would struggle with resale if you install this.

• Bec G
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your assistance! Definitely some food for thought here 😊

• Elizabeth Pandelis
    2 years ago

I have been using a similar product for over 10 years. It meant I did not have to dig up floor tiles for waste nor cut into the wall for water. Yes, only cold water BUT in reality, room temperature. Leaning over a minor inconvenience, children can stand on a stool beside, do not flourish as hands are washed, but it is a wet area so it should not matter. Reminds everyone to wash their hands. Most convenient in a small, downstairs, toilet only, space.

• marylk60
    11 months ago

We have been using Caroma integrated hand wash basin for years , I agree it is not the most pleasing design but we love it and would never go back to traditional one.