webuser_595538692

Exterior House Colour Help

HU-595538692
3 years ago

Hi, I am in need of help with exterior colours for a 1970's highset hardiplank house with underneath enclosed (will replace with either Hardiplank or Colorbond- any ideas?) located in North Queensland. My thoughts are a Colorbond Surfmist Roof (do not see much roof from street as only slightly pitched), and Colorbond Basalt for the gutters, fascia, top of treads, handrail and the 3 x Steel upright supports. For the exterior walls, garage door, downpipes I was thinking Colorbond Surfmist or perhaps white, and undecided about front and rear doors. I am needing to make my decision as my partner is starting to paint the timber steps. I was intending to use a white gloss (no tint) on timber stringers and rest of steps with just the top of the treads and handrail Colorbond Basalt but now confused if I should use Surfmist instead of white? Windows are original to house, and not framed on the outside and planning to replace down the track. I want the colour on the inside to be white, and have been told Surfmist shows too grey on the inside? I am unsure if Colorbond Surfmist, Colorbond Basalt and white (no tint) colours will work? Any advice is appreciated and any suggestions do not have to be in the Colorbond range. Thank you

Comment (1)