webuser_970091918

Changes to an existing deck

Harriet
3 years ago

I’ve recently had a decking built over two levels but have been wishing I had’ve had it all built at the higher level.

The deck wraps around my brick house & runs right up to the brickwork. There is also a roof that covers both decks and the roof support posts run around the outside of both decks (roof sits approximately 5m above the lower level deck)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to raise the lower level deck so it will be at the same height as the higher level deck? (Approximately 2 metres higher)

Is it at all possible to take the decking boards up from the lower level deck and use the existing posts and frame as support for a new frame that is higher and then re lay the decking boards back down on the higher frame?

Or, does this need to have completely new posts concreted in, frame re done etc?

The height it would need to be raised is around 2 metres to match the existing, higher level deck.

I have no idea about this sort of thing, just looking to see if there is a way it can be done or if it’s a case of starting from scratch with new posts concreted in etc.

Thanks very much for reading 😊

Comments (4)