webuser_412181849

what’s wrong with my tomato plant? :(

Luisa Sharkey
3 years ago

Hey! :D

I’m totally new to growing plants etc and one of my tomato plants has something appearing/growing/building up in the soil and I have no idea what it is. :(

would anyone be able to help me figure this out?

(I’ve put it in isolation for now just incase)

Comments (5)

• Kate
    3 years ago

I doubt it’s COVID Does it have a fever

• oklouise
    3 years ago

doesn't look like something you want to keep...what soil is in the pot? natural garden soil used in pots often has unwanted extras in it that are only revived when they enjoy the TLC that you will be giving your tomatoes but once the tomatoes are over about 10cms tall in warm climates they should really be in ground in full sun...try tipping it out of the pot and cut off about a third of any straggly or broken roots and try planting in the ground with a drenching of seawood and/or carp solution

• julie herbert
    3 years ago

Or dispose of it and replace with a new one, may have a fungal disease that could infect your garden.

• Black Bamboo
    3 years ago

All I can see is an ants nest and algae because you are growing in a clear container. Why are you doing that?

• HU-556560152
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Oh no, sorry to hear about the mystery issue with your tomato plant! It's awesome that you're diving into the world to grow tomatoes, though! The clear container is a unique twist – good thinking!About the ants and algae, that's quite the unexpected company for your tomatoes. I'm no expert, but maybe the community here can lend a green thumb and help you troubleshoot. Have you tried checking if the roots seem healthy? Sometimes that can offer a clue. Happy growing, and hope you get your tomatoes thriving soon!