emu910

What are your thoughts on this ensuite and WIR plan?

e mu
2 years ago

Would love some input on this ensuite and WIR plan my architect has sent to me.

Some back story: we’ve bought our first home and the ensuite doesn’t have a toilet and the wardrobe is IN the ensuite. Just janky open rail and a shelf, so no protection from steam and other bathroom grossness. It’s badly in need of a renovation. We’ve asked our architect to help us figure out how we’d fit in both a toilet and some proper wardrobes.

I like the attempt to give us a double vanity, but I’m not sure we need it. I’m concerned the shelf/closet depth isn’t enough in the WIR, by my figuring it’s only 30cm and you need a minimum of 51cm for hanging space and 45cm for drawers. Now, at the same time you’d ideally want 90cm of space between wall and shelf/drawer/hangers to use the wardrobe properly. so just adding the depth to the shelves compromises that.

was thinking of moving the double vanity to under the highlight window and making it a single. Then moving the towel rack to be on the former vanity wall, across from the shower since that seems more functional to me as well. Then we can give over some of that wall to the wardrobe.

Are there any other clever ideas out there for this? Is there anything else I’m missing? will moving the vanity to the window wall make the walk way to the toilet too narrow If my vanity depth is, say, 52cm?

Comments (14)