tbj89

Help! Ugly 90s red brick with entry facing away from street

T J
last year

Hi all. We recently picked up our first home - an early 90s street front detached strata home (front house, and one of two on the quarter acre block). It's in a beautiful leafy suburb but it's ugly, stark & needs some love.

Currently the entry faces north to the shared driveway, which is quite odd (street is to the west, where photos are taken from). Hoping to get some ideas on how to create a better relationship with the street & give it some kerb appeal.

Things I'm considering that I'd appreciate feedback on (+ I'm open to any other ideas at all!).

1. Reorient the front door some how so that it's facing west to the street.

2. Put a wall or fence that runs parallel with the driveway from just past the aircon, to where the car bay is, so you're forced to walk / enter through an out door entry passage of sorts with updated paving to separate it from the stark red driveway.

3. From the street, build a small gated entry and some steps through an existing retained garden bed, where the letter box is - so you're not walking down the driveway to enter the property. You will come to close to crossing over a parking bay... however there is a carport to the rear of the property (down the shared drive) so I'm open to potentially landscaping this area.

4. Updating the paint colours of the gutters / downpipes, fascia and gable end cladding (perhaps monument for the gutters and fascia

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (22)