webuser_126683395

Skirting board vs Scotia?

New build: builder said that skirting board is in the plans.

However, he said to choose Hybrid flooring, click-clack attachments to each other.

Then he added: I have decided to use scotia instead of the skirting board.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I have not dealt with either of them.

What would be better to install?

a) Skirting board only

b) Scotia

c) Skirting board AND Scotia?

Please help.

Comments (12)

• Kate
    last year

This question keeps getting asked.
    Skirting and scotia do the same job of closing gap between wall and floor.
    Do you like the look with scotia?

• siriuskey
    last year

This a new build so there shouldn't be a need to add scotia which I personally would avoid.

Perhaps the Hybrid flooring has a problem with getting it level, Check with a flooring and kitchen company, good luck

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

I was told by the builder that there would be hybrid flooring, and by using Scotia, it would be easy to remove in case of the flood. However, I have never seen any corners with Scotia; hence, do not know what to make out of it.

• siriuskey
    last year

If there's a flood scotia won't help, depends on the installation you should just be able to remove the skirting?

• dreamer
    last year

Personal preference. Scotia only or skirting and scotia or skirting only, or if the hybrid flooring is laid perfectly then no edge is required.

• Kate
    last year

Talk to the flooring company about flood issue

• bigreader
    last year

If you have a flood the flooring, skirtings and scotia,if you have to go that way, will all need to be pulled up and replaced in the flooded area. If flood or water is a great concern then choose vinyl over hybrid flooring.

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you very much everyone for sharing and for helping me.

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

What do people do nowadays: paint the skirting board and/or scotia the same colour as the wall, OR have them different colour to the wall?

• PRO
    Beach Bathrooms
    last year

Builder wants to save money, Scotia is the cheapest option,

trying to "manage you " with flood, as previous comment. In case of flood All skirting will be removed.

However check the width of the skirting board specified, Builder may fit 40 x 18 mm MDF or timber as skirting

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Beach Bathrooms.