hzdeleted_9904601

Big Chunky Wooden Skirtings , Door Frames and Window Surrounds ?

User
last year

I saw a couple of pictures and a story the other day , unfortunately can't find it now , but it had a kitchen in a new build that looked awesome in my opinion . I've googled to try and find that story , or even similar pictures , but pretty much nothing comes up , so maybe its the start of a new trend .

What was it ? Well , the kick panels under the bench and the island were done in wood . Stained to a slightly unusual 'not-quite' Japanese Black , there were green and brown elements to the colour , and the grain really showed through . Quite nice .

But here's what really stood out to me -- the rest of the room ( in fact , the dining could be seen , and it was the same ) had the skirtings , architraves , window surrounds and door surrounds all done the same -- a big , chunky timber , with that dark stain . I'm guessing 100mm x 40mm ; maybe even 50mm . It looked different , so modern . It brought in the timber element , that dark element , the visible grains . All the walls ( apart from the splashback ) were done in a white , so there was a black and white base ( they used colour accessories ) .

Anyone else seen anything like this ? Is it a new trend ?

And yes , of course , I've just spent 2 or 3 days a week for the last 4 or 5 weeks at my new place , sanding and filling and sanding again and painting , all my skirting boards and door frames . In white . all 30 x 10 or so . It would need modifications to the flooring and wallpaper of an existing house , but I'm that keen I'm tempted to do one room and see ?

Comments (10)