justaussie

victorian terrace house renovation

JB Browne
last year

Hello everyone, I have a two storey Victorian terrace House in Melbourne Vic which needs some updating and fixing and not quite where to start. I don't have a huge budget, but want to do what I can to make it nice. I'd like to modernize two small bathrooms (don't need to move plumbing), and update the kitchen cabinets and island. Upstairs front balcony floorboards starting to rot at the end exposed to weather - plus fascia is rotting also at the front of balcony.Shed doors need to be replaced or fixed as rotting. Some of the sash windows need fixing, back door needs fixing or replacing, interior needs painting, hard wood floors in two rooms need refinishing - and carpets to be taken up from two living areas and either refinish the hardwood floors if they are good enough to do - or re-carpet. I'm having a hard time finding anyone to do everything as they only seem to want to do jobs for 500k up and my budget is more like half that. I have a great plumber who can do the bathrooms and a painter - but feel like it might be better to find one company to do everything. Where do I start? Do I find a builder or architect or do I do piecemeal with the different trades - hoping I can find someone to fix the upstairs balcony too. If my budget is not enough to do all at once - could do some more the following year. Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments (2)