fiona_mary

Chrome Vents in Bathtub Surround

Fiona Mary
12 months ago

My 1960’s bathtub is built into a tiled surround. The side has 2 x Chrome Vents. I need to replace them (retailing is not an option). What are they called? And what are they for? TIA

Comments (8)

• dreamer
    12 months ago

In the past there was no waterproofing which allowed moisture to get behind/underneath the tub., so if the tub is waterproofed and there is no requirement for access ie pump/ motor for a spa then u dont need to install the vent. However if you are not replacing anything apart from the vents, then yes I would advise them to stay. You can get ceramic vent tiles from tile companies.

• dreamer
    12 months ago

Maybe contact some second hand/salvage yards. They may have old chrome vents.

• Fiona Mary
    Original Author
    12 months ago

Thanks @dreamer.

• PRO
    User
    11 months ago

Bathroom renovation is a transformative process that breathes new life into one of the most important spaces in our homes. From updating outdated fixtures to creating a more functional layout, a well-executed renovation can enhance both aesthetics and functionality. In Sydney, homeowners can turn to the expertise of professional renovators Sydney to bring their bathroom dreams to reality. Renovators Sydney offer a range of services, including design consultations, project management, and skilled craftsmanship. With their knowledge of the latest trends, quality materials, and attention to detail, these renovators can help homeowners create stunning bathrooms that align with their vision and exceed their expectations. Whether it's a small upgrade or a complete overhaul, renovators in Sydney are dedicated to delivering exceptional results that elevate the bathroom experience.

• dreamer
    11 months ago

Excellent, well done. Where did you end up getting them from?

• Fiona Mary
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Oh, I didnt articulate that well 🤦🏼‍♀️ I found them in a box right at the back of my storage unit! I had given up hope and am so relieved.

• dreamer
    11 months ago

Perfect 🙂