richard_haynes52

Bathroom Layout Help

Richard Haynes
9 months ago

Hi All,

We're looking to renovate our ensuite bathroom. The space is medium size I guess for an ensuite and I've been exploring layouts that may possibly enable us to have a bath as well as the shower. Here's a summary of the process I took:

• Explored "wet end" style set up with bath and shower behind walking shower screen. This was definitely my preference as I thought it would look cleanest. Unfortunately I had trouble finding a logical way of fitting the toilet and vanity in the remaining space. The best option is attached (Layout 1)
  • Then looked at all sorts of combinations swapping things around. Landed on two candidates attached (Layout 2 and 3)

I think we are leaning on Layout 3 as our favourite. Before progressing with this we thought we should crowd source this layout design with the Houzz community to make sure we haven't missed anything. Questions we have are:

• Have we missed anything?
  • Any general space saving ideas to make the bathroom generally function better?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Rich (and Hayley)

Summary of brief and constraints below:

• Renovate ensuite to master bed
  • Busy couple with 3 kids, both working full time
  • Double brick home (in the attached layouts the right and bottom walls are external double brick, top and left walls are internal single brick)
  • Standards compliant accessibility not required by existing family and not really feasible due to the existing door width
  • Would prefer to avoid moving door, window, walls etc.
  • Wall heights are 2.4m to ceiling
  • No major constraints regarding plumbing and drainage (can chase new supply pipes into the brick walls and cut the slab to run new drainage where required)

Comments (18)